Thursday, February 18, 2016

Facebook Audience Network Ad Approval

(Feb/2016)

I've been working on integrating Facebook Audience Network ads.    Before going "live", Facebook says that they have to approve the ad placement - they say this approval is initiated automatically when you've had 5 successful test ads and that the approval takes 2-3 business days.

In my case, I displayed some test ads on the simulator, and also on a device.  They tell you to use the API and register the device with a hash code they provide.

After almost a week, I hadn't heard anything from Facebook and was wondering what was going on.  After doing some online research, I found a discussion that suggested that the number of impressions was important.

I reran the app - this time with it running on a local device connected to Xcode.  On each refresh, it would write  [FBAudienceNetworkLog/FBAdUtility:396] Impression is logged (displayed for test ads only)  to the console. 

I let it go for a few minutes until there were at least five of these impressions.

Then, to my surprise, less than a minute or two later, I received a Facebook alert saying that the app had been approved.

I had a second app that I repeated the process with.  Again, after just a few minutes, the app was approved for ads.

*** Update 3/28 ***

Okay, after doing a few more apps, it seems that Facebook has changed the process such that they just automatically review apps after a few days.    I'm guessing that the number of impressions still matters, but it seems disassociated from when they actually review. 

2 comments:

  1. If you are looking for a solid contextual ad network, I recommend that you take a peek at Clicksor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever wanted to get free Facebook Followers?
    Did you know you can get these AUTOMATICALLY AND ABSOLUTELY FREE by registering on Like 4 Like?

    ReplyDelete